Sr. Business Development Director - Central Laboratory (North East US)
Labcorp Drug Development, a global Contract Research Organization, has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today’s healthcare challenges into tomorrow’s solutions.
As part of the Drug Development Services, Labcorp Central Laboratory Services is the largest and most comprehensive worldwide central laboratory provider, generating consistent and reliable testing across the globe. We've invested in the expertise, technologies and infrastructure that keep us —and you—at the leading edge of science and medicine. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
About the Role:
Recognized as one of Forbes 2022 World’s Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine’s list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Labcorp is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Business Development Director to join our Central Lab organization in North East US region. The successful candidate will lead some of our Key Client relationships, working with internal and external key decision makers to grow our client relationships and business. This represents an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a very successful team as a senior team member.
About the Candidate:
This position is home based and successful applicants will be based in the North East US. We are seeking an experienced Business Development Director, with at least five years of experience in a CRO, Central Lab, ideally with lab services selling experience, although we would consider candidates from other scientific backgrounds who have strong account management skills and experience of clinical trials.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to offer:
- Excellent understanding of the drug development continuum.
- Strong team player: ability to work very closely with colleagues, share leads and form highly effective collaborations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Significant (at least 5 years) commercial expertise, in a CRO or other Life Sciences environment.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts through proactive sales activity and networking with assigned potential and existing accounts.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to form strong and effective relationships internally and externally.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Experience of presenting to executives and/or senior levels within a client organization.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively, managing your own priorities in conjunction with those of your colleagues and your clients.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that lead to effective long term client relationships.
- Experience of developing a ‘large’ account by effective networking and prospecting, building a sales pipeline, delivering creative proposals and delivering opportunities.
- Manages strategic accounts and complex sales.
- Leads and negotiates business unit based MSA’s and preferred provider agreements.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Willingness to travel, around 50% of the role will include visiting clients across Europe with some travel to the US for meetings and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences. Advanced scientific degree preferred.
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
Minimum Required: 5+ years Sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .