Stabilizer Multi-Skilled Operator -Delaware Basin
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
Spanning West Texas through Southeast New Mexico, ConocoPhillips holds approximately 709,000 total net acres in the Delaware Basin, which includes approximately 654,000 unconventional net acres. ConocoPhillips began exploring and appraising the basin’s stacked pay potential in 2012. The position grew to its current size through the Concho and Shell transactions. Entering 2022, the company now operates over 2,200 wells throughout the Basin. Average net production across the basin in 2021 was 286 MBOED.
Quality of Life Incentives
ConocoPhillips offers additional benefits to support employees living and maintaining a primary residence in the Loving/Carlsbad, NM area. For more details visit\: [Register to View] and view the [Register to View] video.
If you are selected as the Stabilizer, Multi-Skill Operator (MSO), you will be responsible for the operation of central facilities, new wells into those facilities, monitoring and optimizing of production and costs. You will also be performing most of your responsibilities at the central facility sites and associated well sites.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Following all ConocoPhillips Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Process Safety Management (PSM) rules
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of all condensate stabilizing facilities. Monitoring the operation of stabilizer and equipment to ensure the most efficient operation
- Work hours for this position are a twelve-hour rotating shift. This position will occasionally require overtime during facility turnarounds, facility upsets, start-ups or when the work load demands require it
- Loading and unloading condensate and natural gas liquid (NGL) trucks, running all condensate samples (i.e. copper strips for corrosiveness, BS&W shake out, Reid vapor pressure test etc.), run caustic and amine samples
- Operation of oil stabilizer trains, compressors, vapor compressor unit, fuel fired boilers, condensate unloading pumps, condensate transfer pumps, positive displacement pipeline pumps and LACT units for delivery to 3rd party pipeline pumps
- Collaborating with Operations and I&E in optimization of plant instrumentation controls
- Responsible for trouble-shooting operations problems, housekeeping and record keeping
- Building strong teamwork with all groups within the Delaware Operations and 3rd party truck hauling partners
- Inspecting tanks and attached piping components for leaks or unusual conditions and taking corrective action
- Accessing remote locations to check that rotating equipment maintain normal operating levels, pressures and flow on separation equipment and making adjustments to automatic and manual controls
- Gauging tanks for sale or transfer of crude oil and water
- Utilize electronic remote well supervision to optimize production and reduce safety & environmental impact
- Enter daily volumes, well tests, downtime and injection information into a computer database
- Monitor daily production inputs into electronic data capturing software and comparing input data with output data for correctness
- Report production losses, causes and resolutions into a computer database
- Monitor and optimizing production and costs within area of control for new wells and facilities
- Minor hands-on production equipment repairs
- Maintaining chemical injection rates as necessary
- Entering compressor downtime report into a computer database
- Monitoring and optimizing compressor runtime and costs within area of control
- Operating a company-provided vehicle to perform job duties
- Regulatory work including agency testing requirements, change of status, tank & meter numbering for new facilities
- Follow all safety, environmental, and company policies and procedures outlined in the ConocoPhillips Management System
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Current/Valid Driver's License
- 3 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation)align with/align with following\:
- Work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
- Work in several different geographic locations every single day
- Work both in and out of a company-owned vehicle
- Wear appropriate special safety equipment
- Climb heights up to 30 feet to gauge tanks
- Walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, and pull
- Use hand tools to make minor repairs
- Work weekends and be on call
- Currently reside or willing to relocate within a 40-mile driving radius of Loving, NM
- Associate's degree and/or trade certification or higher in Production Technology, Process Technology or related technical field or foreign equivalent
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish and English
- Proven understanding of fractionation principles and practices
- Basic understanding of gas and liquid measurement and product drying and sweetening
- Technical Expertise - Basic knowledge of mechanics and instrumentation within a plant
- Business Expertise - Possess familiarity with ConocoPhillips practices
- Team Building - Strong teammate; be committed to safety, environmental and regulatory compliance
- Ability to utilize a laptop and applicable software programs
- Ability to prepare accurate and legible reports
- Ability to read and understand production and financial reports
- Ability to react to visual and aural signals, alarms, and instructions
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Responds inventively, flexibly and positively when faced with challenges and demands
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 28, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.