support services supervisor
Responsible for all phases of the Accessioning Department. Employee-related duties include interviewing, hiring, documentation, evaluation, providing feedback, conflict resolution, and disciplinary action. Responsible for quality and quantity of work done, and methods and procedures. Operate within the framework of the goals and objectives set forth by Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is a plus
- 3 years of relevant experience; preferably in a clinical laboratory
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures is preferred
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Distribution department
- Assist with preparation of laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor non-technical personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Pay Range: $20 - $25 per hour plus second shift differential.
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please [Register to View] .
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .