Production Management Consultant (Actuarial, Finance and Treasury Applications)
Location: Cary, NC (Primary). Secondary locations include Tampa (FL), Greenville (SC), and New York (NY). All locations are a hybrid work arrangement. (In office 3 days per week. Remote 2 days per week.)
Role Value Proposition:
This is a role within MetLife’s Corporate Systems Technology organization responsible for all Technology Support that enable’s MetLife to do things such as: close the financial books, value the company’s reserves, support employee lifecycle management from pre-hire to retire, and enable reporting of suspected unethical activity or fraud. Our main goal is to mitigate a customer (internal or external) impacting incident as quickly as possible.
Corporate Systems is transforming the way we think about maintenance/production support. As the Production Management Specialist, you will be part of a cross functional team that is responsible for activities such as monitoring batch jobs, responding to automated alerts, and incident triage. In addition, this role will coordinate with the development/product teams and analyze and publish performance metrics and identify areas for improvement. The ideal candidate should bring their communication abilities, problem solving orientation, and technology proficiency to the table on a day-to-day basis.
This is an exciting time to join the team and be a part of the next phase of our journey!
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of a global maintenance/production support team within Corporate Systems Technology
- Ensure that all service level agreements (SLAs) are met and delivered according to support specifications
- Partner with Development/Product teams to provide prioritization directions
- Leverage technical and/or business knowledge in leading escalated issues to resolution
- Leverage metrics and monitoring tools to identify trends and prevent production incidents
- Interact with vendor consultants to identify and implement solutions for optimizing operating efficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7+ years overall experience
- 4+ years Platform Support experience, or comparable business and technical experience, with System Development Life Cycle knowledge
- Ability to quickly understand the Business context of various Platforms as well as the overall technical architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio or other workflow/routing design tools).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, as well as professionalism and time/task management skills; ability to establish strong working relationships.
- Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment to achieve a shared goal
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with ServiceNow, AppD Splunk, and other MetLife monitoring tools
- Knowledge of SAFe framework, DevOps/Lean
- Experience with Agile management tools like Azure DevOps (AzDO).
- Experience in working with global teams (offshore and onshore)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Highly focused and detailed oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
Global Technology: Corporate Systems Tech
Number of Openings:
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $77,000 to $129,800. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including health benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.