Product Management Associate
The Agile Business Analyst is responsible for the elaboration of features and user stories to align with business and operations expectations. You support and act on behalf of the Product Manager and Product Owner by breaking down the vision and high-level ideas/epics into features and, at times, underlying user stories. You refine the descriptions and benefit hypothesis to ensure the proposed outcomes align with the customer strategy and user experience. The Agile Business Analyst gathers the customer needs and how they interact with MetLife’s product and market vision, facilitating the extraction of details from higher level ideas into specific and defined solutions.
The Agile Business Analyst is a strategic thinker with business and operational knowledge, and the ability to interpret this knowledge into features and stories. Through consultative interactions, you understand the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that the business is trying to accomplish and ensure the features and stories you write will achieve those targeted results. Leveraging project management and relationship management skills, you bring the right partners to the table from technology, product, business, operations, and other areas, and ensure the timelines for gathering and delivery of the details are met. Being more of a specialist or technical expert, you might also complete configurations within different applications to enable new products, customer setups, and other changes.
As an Agile Business Analyst, you partner directly with the Product Manager, agile team, gaining a deep understanding of the vertical end-to-end solution and the horizontal implications across the full experience. You proactively identify and address risks, being empowered to drive the right conversations and the right work.
An ABA is:
- Detail oriented, gathering the appropriate level of feature and user story descriptions and benefit hypothesis
- Looking across the solution with a strategic mindset, always driving what is best for the customer
- Supporting the Product Manager and Product Owner, as they build out a healthy backlog for each capability area
- Challenging the status quo – leading to a better experience of tomorrow
Able to build strong working relationships across business and technology to drive coordination and collaboration
An Agile Business Analyst’s focus on value is evident when we see them…
- Constantly reinforcing the customer experience and business value over just “getting it out”
- Focus on the highest priority items first, including clear benefit hypothesis throughout
A Business Analyst’s fixation on clarity is evident when they:
- Focus on a consultative interaction around the problems being solved, the analysis and cause of issues, and providing options to the business
- Groom and arrange features and stories into iterations, helping to write clear objectives and outcomes
- Ensure proper operational readiness, including any detailed user guides, prior to feature releas e
Analyst continuously employs agile practices that will sustain flow when they:
- Fill in gaps with testing, project management, and facilitation of operational readiness when needed to ensure holistic solutions are delivered on time
- Ensure the team has a healthy backlog of features to work on, and understands the priority order
A Business Analyst’s champions Lean and reduces waste when they:
- Advocate for the business, reducing the amount of time required from the business SMEs
- Raise risks and dependencies that may create impediments down the line, solutioning next steps to overcome
A Business Analyst’s leads by example when they:
- Act and think strategically, presenting themselves as a talent pool for new Product Owners
- Coach more junior Agile Business Analysts to grow in their skillsets, providing resources and partners to help in the learning process
- Gather and document the details of presented ideas/epics, distilling them down into actionable features and user stories
- Act as a secondary check on the user experience, refining the user stories and ensuring the end solution will align with intended customer experience
- Liaise with the agile team members, acting as the business advocate with technology partners
- Ensure proper documentation is gathered and provided to partner teams in preparation for commercial and operational readiness
- Provide details around business rules that need to be in place when developing and delivering features
- Assist and support the Product Manager and Product Owner as you build out the backlog and details of each feature and user story
- Partner with Business Owners and their team members to ensure descriptions align with the customer and market needs
- Manage expectations with partners, and ensure timely delivery of all artifacts required
- Provide feature and story details to the agile technology team
Global Grading: 11M
Recruiter-Bernadette Jones [Register to View] MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $73,500-98K. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.