Automation Technician - Permian
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips and its heritage companies have operated in the Permian Basin for almost 100 years. The Permian saw significant growth in 2021 with the acquisition of Concho Resources Inc. in January 2021 and the addition of Shell’s Permian acreage in December 2021. At year-end, the company held approximately 1.5 million net acres in the Permian Basin. Net production for the Permian in 2021 was 442 MBOED. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that it is using in this area exemplify that.
If you are selected as the Automation Technician, you will be providing the Automation department with critical day-to-day troubleshooting and support for SCADA field hardware, communications, and related software. You will work closely with vendors, contractors, and operations field staff on the direct support of all aspects of field SCADA equipment.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Align with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations, NEC/NFPA requirements, and safety policies and procedures
- Lead with a focus on safety, environmental protection, and regulatory compliance and actively participate in Safety Action Plans
- Follow company energy isolation procedures (LOTO)
- Perform installation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of automation equipment
- Apply expertise for installation, calibration, maintenance, and repairs of instrument, communication, and electrical equipment
- Execute planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports
- PLC installation, troubleshooting, and programming
- Build and respond to SAP notifications and process work orders
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of maintenance activities
- Minimize downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative and predictive maintenance
- Maintain technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports
- Initiate Management of Change requests for proposed changes to equipment, instrumentation, and programs
- Assist supervisors in changing technology/budget requirements
- Drive collaboration throughout the area of responsibility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Current/valid driver's license
- 3 years of relevant automation work experience
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform/comply with following\:
- Climb various ladders and stairs up to 50 feet in height to perform maintenance on equipment
- Raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material daily on even and uneven terrain
- Work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Work alone a high percentage of the time
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work unscheduled overtime
- Associate Degree/Trade Certificate or higher in Instrumentation, Electronics, Electrical Technology or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the automation field
- 1 years of experience with communication equipment (Cell Modems, Radios, Network Switches, etc...)
- 1 years of experience with Allen Bradley, Fisher Roc, Automation Direct, ABB, SCADAPack, Redlion (i.e., PLC's, HMI's, drives, etc.)
- 1 years of experience in PLC programming
- Basic level of knowledge with electrical systems
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings (i.e., P&ID's, C&E's)
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 16, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.