Account Executive I
TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE I
LOB: GROUP BENEFITS SALES
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL DIRECTOR
Role Value Proposition:
The Regional Markets Account Executive sells and services products directly to group clients or through broker/consultant relationships. Builds and maintains strong relationships to foster sales growth.
- Working independently, sells and services products to group customer accounts/territories. Maintains and grows the book of business through aggressive product sales, upsells, and renewals within accounts/territory. Drives product sales within assigned accounts/ territory.
- Positions cross-channel product offerings. Strategic Account Planning – builds lasting reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual objectives. Key resource in strategic decision making for MetLife and clients.
- Thought leader in relation to industry and marketplace. Mentors/educates colleagues on marketplace trends and insights. Acts as primary benefit resource to client. Provides post-sale service and interaction with clients. Resolves escalated service issues.
- Recognizes, shapes and delivers profitable deals and anticipates strategic developments to benefit the client. Develops new business opportunities and sales growth by initiating and maintaining strong relationships.
- May generate reports to track/report activities, progress, and strategies. May assist in or lead case implementations. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to sell and has a working knowledge of primary product offerings
- Working knowledge of contract, tools and technology
- Knowledge of the MetLife organization, history, core values, client and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of MetLife’s service platform, processes and operations
- Understanding of and ability to utilize of core selling skills to respond to leads and deliver client-centric solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills; customer focus approach; relationship building; interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Life, Health and Property & Casualty licenses
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $1.00-$89,400. The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.