Alaska – Machinist/Mechanic
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips is Alaska’s largest crude oil producer and largest owner of exploration leases, with approximately 1.6 million net undeveloped acres at year-end 2021. The company produced an average of 197 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2021. ConocoPhillips has major ownership interests in two of North America’s largest oil fields, both located on Alaska’s North Slope—Kuparuk, which the company operates, and Prudhoe Bay. Additionally, ConocoPhillips operates the Alpine Field located on the Western North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
ConocoPhillips Alaska, Inc. is recruiting for a Machinist/Mechanic position for on-site work at the Alpine Field on the North Slope of Alaska. The position will be remotely based, working a minimum 14 days on and 14 days off and requires compliance with all aspects of the respiratory protection policy and is covered by a DOT drug testing program.
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Operate an assortment of machine shop equipment including Lathe, Milling Machine, Radial Arm Drill, Precision Grinding Machine, Portable Flange Facing tools for the repair, modification, fabrication, and/or manufacturing of parts
- Cut various threads, (Tapered Pipe threads, US Standard fine / coarse / metric / and duplicate other custom thread designs)
- Repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment associated with oil production facilities, including major overhauls of gas turbines (GE Frame V Preferred) gas compressors, centrifugal/positive displacement pumps, industrial cooling fans, gas/diesel engines, and HVAC systems
- Familiar with the replacement/refurbishing of mechanical seals, and dry gas seals
- Active participation in job planning; identifying infrastructure needs for the Alpine facility and maintenance department; representing the mechanical group at meetings; documenting critical work (written reports for tracking equipment history); and maintaining shop equipment, tooling and consumable inventory
- Compliance with ConocoPhillips safety, environmental, and training policies
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Current/valid driver’s license
- 5 years of Industrial Machinist experience to include the operation of a "Manual" Engine Lathe and Manual Milling Machine
- 5 years of experience with industrial turbines, compressors, and pumps
- Advanced level of proficiency cutting threads on a Manual Engine Lathe
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to work in a remote work location on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off work schedule
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to live in a remote site in the Artic including working outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to physically perform all duties, including lifting (raise and transport up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, moderate manual labor, confined space work, climbing and working at various levels above ground
- Associate’ s degree or higher in a technical discipline or completion of a formal training program in the machinist trade
- 10 years’ conventional machinist experience with formal training
- 10 years’ industrial experience as a rotating equipment mechanic, preferably in the Petro-chemical industry
- 1 years experience maintaining technical and administrative records
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with Rotalign Ultra & Touch Laser Alignment Tools, alignment with Dial indicators, Rim & Face, and Reverse Dial methods
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with outside and inside micrometers, depth mics, calipers, optic flat, thread gauges, taper gauges, bore mics, Height Gauges, Surface Plates
- Basic level of proficiency with Windows based operating systems and MS Office Suite, Excel, SAP, and other basic software programs
- Ability to interpret prints and vendor data, as well as resourceful in locating necessary documentation
- Resourceful, supportive toward co-workers and willing to assist with training needs
- Ability to interact with other Alpine disciplines, including engineers, materials specialists, product structure specialists, documentation department, operations and maintenance technicians.
- Demonstrate a history of positive past achievements with increasing responsibilities
- Operation of basic CNC Milling Machine, Radial Arm Drill, Surface Grinder, Portable Flange Facer, Portable Milling Machine
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 13, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.