Client Services Consultant II - National Accounts
Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora
Alternate Job Location: United States : Illinois : Aurora || United States : California : Irvine || United States : Florida : Tampa || United States : Georgia : Atlanta || United States : Michigan : Southfield || United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition
The Client Service Consultant II (CSCII) has overall accountability for the day-to-day administrative service support of multiple National Account clients (5000+ lives). The CSC II is part of an overall account team tasked with understanding the customers’ needs and wants and focused on delivering group benefit products that meet those needs, along with delivering a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with MetLife.
Overall accountability for the day-to-day administration of multiple or complex clients, including:
- Responds to client requests and leads projects, provides clients with alternative solutions to requests and can identify possible plan design alternatives, acts as a liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service thru ongoing customer delivery and client satisfaction
- Coordinates and facilitates client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials, agendas and presentations, leads client account audits and strategic planning process and partners with financial team in completion of client reports.
- Serves as a key resource and may serve as a subject matter expert to Customer Unit and National accounts.
- Partners with Proposal Unit to research and respond to RFP questionnaires
- Understands the detailed components and provisions in legal agreements between MetLife and the client and assists in facilitating the execution of contracts to ensure compliance
- Comprehends competitors’ products, industry trends and legal developments impacting business
- Firm knowledge of MetLife’s group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 5+ years of equivalent experience within the insurance space
- 5+ years of account management experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively handles multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities
- Project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
Up to 25%
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.