Customer Care Advocate
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Alternate Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Work Arrangement: Virtual
Role Value Proposition
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates.
We are actively hiring Customer Care Advocates for our Dental Global Customer Solutions (GCS) team! As a Customer Care Advocate, you will receive in-bound customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and resolve problems by putting customers at the heart of all you do.
The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, mindfulness, strong intellectual curiosity, and an honest desire to be effective and ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
In return, we will provide the following to enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career-- Participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time and a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
- Virtual roles work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Respond to dental customer requests via telephone or email, providing excellent service to MetLife’s customers who have insurance products or benefit plans.
- Research requests regarding various product aspects, policy provisions, claim status, basic procedures, etc.
- Efficiently process transactions and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas. Track responses to ensure completion.
- Enhance and strengthen the relationship between the customer and MetLife using effective communication skills, keen listening skills and empathy.
- Efficiently access and navigate multiple electronic systems to provide a complete and integrated response to the customer’s inquiry.
- Perform these responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and high-quality service skills.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in (Cary, NC).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in customer service customer (includes call center, retail, and restaurants).
- The ability and desire to work during the hours of operation 8 AM to 11 PM, Monday through Friday. Applicants must be flexible regarding shift worked with an understanding that shifts are based-on business need.
- Ability to navigate across multiple computers monitors and programs (including Word, Salesforce, and Insight) at one time while conversing with a customer.
- Prior Call Center or Customer Service Representative experience is preferred.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills (ability to type efficiently).
- Experience handling dental or other types of insurance products.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral communication skills to inspire trust and accountability though in an empathetic style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
- Previous experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we are leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage for applicants for this position is $41,600.00 per year. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.