Internal Controls Advisor, nxtgenERP
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Internal Controls Advisor, nxtgenERP, you will support project objectives to maintain a positive controls environment during implementation of SAP, Workday, GEP and other systems. The Internal Controls Advisor supports the design assessment of business process, identification of what can go wrong, and develops fit for purpose solutions to meet both compliance and operational objectives. The role will also support change management and training for the implementation of an effective system of internal controls.
Working in the nxtgenERP Security, Controls and GRC team, we establish a single view of risk and controls across the functions, leveraging our guiding principles to drive an integrated solution for nxtgenERP. We are changing many of our processes with the new systems. This is an opportunity to influence the way the company will do its work for decades to come.
This position can be based in Houston, Texas or Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Understand and apply the Anchored Agility work approach followed for nxtgenERP
- Work jointly to integrate with the assigned functional workstream to understand scope, business processes, data, workflows, and application landscape
- Leverage existing project documentation and participate in working sessions to ensure appropriate controls are integrated into end-to-end processes
- Assist in identifying sensitive access and segregation of duties risks in the processes
- Support the development of test scenarios and scripts relevant to internal controls
- Support the Change Management teams in training development and rollouts as applicable
- Prepare and review project documentation and deliverables
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, other related business/technical discipline, or foreign equivalent
- 3 years of relevant experience in any of the following\: implementing technology solutions, improvement to business processes or monitoring internal controls, performing risk assessments, internal or external auditing, and/or compliance management
- 5 years of experience in oil & gas or energy-related industry
- Basic understanding of nxtgenERP vision and goals for transformation, and ability to drive and influence stakeholders around achieving that vision
- Ability to understand what is possible in the new systems rather than being bound to current practices
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
- Written and verbal communication skills for documenting and communicating processes, risks, and controls
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on dedications by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 26, 2023.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.