Implementation Leader II
The implementation leader position within the Group Benefits organization is responsible for managing and driving the setup processes for new and existing clients. The Implementation leader has overall responsibility for the end-to-end management of the implementation process and key deliverables for clients between 100 and 1000 lives and directs the implementation and communication process for clients, regardless of product mix or administrative arrangement within this market space. They are responsible for monitoring progress against timeline due dates and have direct interaction with clients, insurance producers, sales, client services and other internal business units as needed. The Implementation leader manages the gathering of critical information with the client and producer and resolves all issues relative to the overall implementation process and timing of deliverables. They own the initiation of client and internal meetings and facilitates those discussions and engages in clear, effective communication to establish responsibilities and internal due dates for all business partners on each implementation.
- Responsible for case set up information and accountable for integrity and timeliness of all data elements provided to our internal set up units including, but not limited to case structure and billing set up, eligibility collection, and delivery and approval of plan policies and certificates.
- Collaborates with Contracts/Compliance area to produce policies, certificates, and agreements that meet all legal requirements.
- Educates the customer on both products and services as well as on various internal functional areas and workflow that are critical to the success of the implementation process.
- Handles complex changes regarding products, billing, and structure.
- Works closely with internal partners to ensure all changes are made to the client’s satisfaction.
- Participates in post-sale activities regarding set up or the conversion of client cases.
- Reviews sold plan and project timeline with sales staff to help identify any non-standard provisions or services.
- Partners with other business units to ensure that implementations are delivered consistently, timely, and accurately.
- May participate in sales presentations, and/or consult on plan design and administrative services; may recommend alternative plan provisions or administrative processes in place of non-standard or incompatible requests.
- Identifies implementation-related problems and helps resolve issues quickly.
- Conducts weekly touchpoints or periodic status meetings with various parties to review progress and resolve issues and to ensure the Implementation is moving in the right direction.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2+ years of Insurance industry experience is preferred and/or possesses knowledge of contract language for life, accident, and disability products.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or at a minimum 3 to 5 years of professional experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to manage and work with many different personalities and styles.
- Excellent organization skills are required and attention to detail is critical to effectively handle the technical aspects of the position.
- Mastery of written, verbal and email communication skills are required and critical to effectively communicate with clients, producers, and internal business partners.
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with clients is required. Communication methods will vary and may include teleconferencing, Microsoft Teams, email interactions, phone.
- Able to multi-task by balancing client facing interactions, tight deadlines, ad hoc issue resolutions, internal documentation requirements and overall client satisfaction.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are required. Demonstrates successful use of innovative negotiation techniques. Able to recommend alternative resolutions and be able to gain commitment from internal partners. Ability to define and develop positioning based upon customer needs, motives, strengths, and strategies of key players and understanding of broad business objectives.
While this role has a serious impact on the organization and can also be demanding, you’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Occasionally, deadlines can be intense and having a keen attention to detail is critical to maintaining workflow and project timelines. The work schedule is generally normal business hours during the Spring and Summer months, however between the months of October – January you may be required to perform your work duties before or after normal work hours due to the nature of the business. Paid Time Off (PTO) during this period is limited. This role is considered a hybrid role with 2 days in the office and 3 days remote per week.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $50,900-$67,900. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.