Head of Audit Committee Governance and Reporting
Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Alternate locations: Bridgewater, NJ
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition:
The Head of Audit Committee Governance and Reporting for Global Internal Audit (IA) will be primarily responsible for governing and managing an effective and efficient reporting capability for the Audit Committee (AC) and the risk communication to the executive leadership team. The role will be reporting to the Chief of Staff and also provide support in department strategy and communications.
Governance and Thought Leadership
- Create and lead an integrated approach for effective coordination and deliverable management for the MetLife Inc. Audit Committee (AC) reporting (for in-person and teleconference 10K/10Q sessions). This approach will be used as a consistent global framework all subsidiary AC.
- Work with the Chief Auditor, Chief of Staff, Corporate Secretary to the AC, Finance, Risk and Governance Committees to ensure that the overall AC agenda setting is serving both formal AC charter requirements and there is clear coverage of topics for the Board.
- Lead and partner with the Internal Audit Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure the Internal Audit (IA) topics for the AC agenda are relevant, timely, and aligned (global, region, and country level).
- Continuously and proactively evaluate external AC related benchmarking and resources to identify and implement leading reporting and administration practices, and recommend emerging/relevant and timely topics, and insights for the AC meeting agenda.
- Identify opportunities to leverage greater use of storytelling with data, analytics, innovation, and creativity to achieve operational efficiency, quality, accuracy, and integrity of IA’s AC materials.
- Proactively perform external research (e.g., market publications, news, etc.) to identify valuable insights on relevant current/remerging risks and loss events and summarize the insights for the Chief Auditor and IA Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to consider in risk awareness discussions with the AC, business/functions, and/or in managing a dynamic audit plan.
Reporting Management & Execution
- Establish a clear calendar reporting schedule to enable successful management and execution of the MetLife Inc. AC reporting processes for comprehensive, timely, and accurate reporting submission to the Corporate Secretary.
- Lead and partner with internal key stakeholders, including the IA SLT, the Global Audit Operations team, Audit team leads, and auditors to craft and prepare the Chief Auditor materials.
- Apply editorial and writing standards in reviewing and challenging all draft materials prior to the Chief Auditor/IA SLT’s internal review to ensure the content is concise, relevant, clear, has proper context, and leverages effective use of visualizations.
- Ensure the draft materials are created timely and ready to enable the Chief Auditor’s review sessions with the Senior Executive Leadership and the AC Chair, incorporating their feedback into the final materials.
- Lead and conduct AC reporting best practice sessions with local audit teams that manage local subsidiary AC reporting. This “share and learn” community will drive greater reporting consistency and alignment between MetLife Inc. and other MetLife entities/subsidiaries.
- Lead, support and/or review risk communication deliverables to the executive leadership team or risk committees to ensure consistency and clarity of key messages.
Chief of Staff support
- Support the drafting and review of Enterprise and IA strategic communication updates to the department, including production and delivery of the monthly IA townhall.
- Promote and manage the department awards and recognition programs.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Write for a variety of audiences; able to meet editorial and writing quality standards while flexing to different styles.
- Detail oriented, and experience preparing executive management reporting; preferred experience preparing senior management updates on risk and control topics for Risk Committees, Board Committees, or similar forums.
- Possess strong project management skills, with proven ability to multi-task and effectively deliver a quality product amidst changing priorities under pressure.
- Highly agile, proactive, organized, and structured with outstanding follow-through.
- Ability to analyze and translate complex information, learns quickly, and solutions oriented.
- Strong influential, communication, writing and people relationship skills across all levels of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, primarily MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $118,400 and $157,900. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.