Agency Deal Specialist
Address:VIRTUAL43 - HomeRes - TX
Job Family Group:Customer Shared Services
Provides loan closing and portfolio monitoring support in a professional and timely manner. Facilitates the loan closing process, commitment management and the booking and accounting of the loan portfolio ensuring all required policies, guidelines and standards are met. Delivers exceptional customer service by providing responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable services and support.
- Addresses more complex escalated customer requests and transactions or escalates with recommendations.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- May act as Team Lead and assist manager in activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, workload management, resource forecasting, quality control, training, coaching team members and problem resolution.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Processes more complex transactions and activities.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies and issues or escalates to manager, as required.
- Completes administrative activities to ensure the smooth operation of the unit; including scanning and filing documents as required.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Participates in deal closing events to ensure conditions and funding requirements have been met.
- Analyzes the credit documentation to the credit approval, structures the loan parameters on the lending system and communicates deal information to deal stakeholders.
- Tracks and monitors credit, legal and compliance documentation/collateral and participates in the follow up and escalation process when issues are identified.
- Gathers additional documentation from the customer and/ or internal/external stakeholders to ensure all required information is available to fulfill client requests.
- Manages customer documentation to ensure that records are maintained in a proper manner.
- Investigates and addresses customer services issues according to established parameters, referring or escalating as required.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Develops knowledge around a customer’s business, industry, and market in effort to better service their needs.
- May prepare legal documents.
- Collaborates in identifying, recommending and implementing workflow improvements to deliver a more efficient operation.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls – In-depth.
- Knowledge of standard desktop applications (i.e. Excel, etc.) and department systems and applications (i.e. LoanIQ, etc.) – In-depth.
- Understanding of business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements – In-depth.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.