VP/Director - Commercial Banking
Address:501 E. Kennedy Boulevard
Job Family Group:Commercial Sales & Service
Facilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications. Ensures the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies.
***Target location - Southwest FL***
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If a Credit Qualifiable job, Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- Demonstrated history of successful business development, including ability to network in external markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry verticals and market’s competitive environment
- Experience in contact negotiations with both clients and legal counsel
- Experience drafting responses to complex RFPs
- Experience with Sales Strategy and Sales referral process development
- Risk Management - In-depth
- Sales and Service Management –In-depth
- Relationship Management - In-depth
- Change Leadership - Working
- Conflict Management & Resolution –In-depth
- Resource Planning – Working
- Business Acumen – In-depth
- Financial and Working Capital Understanding – In-depth
- Strategic Thinking – Working
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
Areas of responsibility:
- Leads and executes business development plans to that business goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Advises on sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the market, relevant industry verticals, market competitors, client needs and business growth opportunities.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Manages the risk of the assigned complex portfolio in a timely and precise manner.
- Directly manage the annual review process, interim reviews, specified quarterly reports and resolution of exceptions.
- Maintains accurate documentation and ensure adherence to prescribed policies and procedures and overall safety of the Bank’s position.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Acts as daily sales contact for clients on sales related questions such as product information, pricing, implementation timeframes and requirements.
- Gathers data to advance sale process and completes all required documentation.
- Assists team in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation, client research, preparation of prospect and client files for further action.
- Tracks implementation requests to keep the process on track with timelines.
- Tracks Internal reports and recommends improvements to sales support materials based on findings and feedback.
- Compiles pre-call and post call information packages by accessing internal systems and bank personnel to validate client holdings, pricing, and volumes.
- Provides research and data gathering to sales team to facilitate solution to the client’s/prospect’s business and needs.
- Assists with sales and service administration and processing ensuring client experience is seamless and opportunities are identified and met.
- Maintains current client information on Bank system/files to ensure client history is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accurate billing to clients.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.