Vice President, Operational and Resilience Risk Senior Steward
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at any of our US HSBC locations. This role may be performed fully remote or as a hybrid workstyle.
As our Operational and Resilience Risk Senior Steward you will provide resilience risk stewardship to the Business and Functions in the US. Your remit will include completing analytical assessments and opining on the control environment of the First Line of Defence (1LOD) within Businesses, Functions and Regions. You will constructively challenge all businesses, functions and entities within country on their control environment and assessment of risk. Oversight of emerging risks, strategic business initiatives and local change activity and new/materially changed products
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure the integrity and timely completeness of risk and control identification, assessment and information within the Group’s Risk and Control system of record (Helios) as well as directing documented remediation plans for residual risks
- Supporting with thematic reviews across HOST and Functions, USA to ensure that risk and control environment is commensurate with the scale and nature of operations
- Supports HOST and Functions, USA their operational and resilience risk management and acts as a key contact and escalation for senior stakeholder engagement
- Supports embedding the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and provides advice, guidance and challenge in relation to ORR oversight and internal control effectiveness within HOST and Functions, USA
- Provides 2LOD oversight of top and emerging risks, ensuring HOST and Functions, USA can mitigate these timely and cost effectively
- Attends HOST and Functions, USA control meetings and non-financial risk governance forums, providing both Operational Risk oversight and robust and timely Risk Steward challenge of the First Line of Defence (1LOD) view of the resilience risk profile as required
For this role, HSBC targets a fixed pay range between $128,900 and $194,700.
The final fixed pay offer will depend on the candidate and a number of variables, including but not limited to, role responsibilities, skill set, depth of experience and education, licensing/certification requirements, internal relativity, and specific work location.
At HSBC, our overall goal is to provide a competitive Total Reward Package, with an appropriate mix of fixed pay, and variable pay, as part of an employee’s overall total compensation and benefits. Variable pay generally takes the form of discretionary, annual awards (sometimes referred to as a “bonus”). Additionally, HSBC offers a wide range of competitive and flexible benefits designed to help you improve your health and well-being, finances, and lifestyle.