Performance Engineering Specialist
ARE YOU READY to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Do you have a passion for using new technologies to make a positive impact on business and community? Want a role that provides you with a sense of purpose and satisfaction? Then join Accenture Technology and build a rewarding career improving the way the world works and lives, as you help clients shift to the New using leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Thrive in our highly collaborative, digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your talent for thoughtful and game changing solutions in our inclusive culture that values diversity of ideas, experiences and backgrounds.
WORK YOU’LL DO
As a Performance Engineering Specialist, some of your key responsibilities may include:
· Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
· Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
· Learning an application's design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
· Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
· Collaborating with Performance Engineering leads and project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance
· Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
· Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
· Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns
· Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
· Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
· Documenting performance findings and recommendations
· Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
· Participating in re-architecture, redesign, and refactoring decisions to satisfy performance requirements
· Developing dashboards and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications
· Contributing learnings and experiences to the Accenture Performance Engineering community
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.