Accounting Specialist, AR
- Job Title: Accounting Specialist, AR
- Department: New York State Preferred Source Program
- Reports to: Program Director, Operations and Accounting, NYSPSP
- Location: Albany, New York
- Grade: 15
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Statement of Purpose
Provide accounts receivable functions for New York State Preferred Source Program for New Yorkers who are Blind.
- Employees in Other Divisions Daily
- Supervisory Personnel Daily
- Affiliated Agency Personnel Often
- Vendors Often
Bachelors Degree in Business from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.Training and Specialized Knowledge
Strong software and data management skills required, including Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro; proficiency with Oracle EBS or other major accounting software; experience creating and managing paperless processes and working in a paperless office environment; excellent research, problem solving, and time management skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ethics /Integrity
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
- Process Improvement
One to three years in an Accounts Receivable environment, preferably in a B2B or government setting.Travel
MinimumSpecific Duties and Responsibilities
- Create invoices daily according to company practices; submit invoices to customers.
- Properly record and apply cash receipts to outstanding customer invoices, and where necessary interact with customers promptly to reconcile discrepancies and questions, including credit card declinations.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, vendors, employees, and management. Relay changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Work closely with the Customer Care department and process manual invoices, credit memos, and return to suppliers as needed.
- Collaborate with management to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Create reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Support Accounts Payable and Collection activities, perform other accounting tasks, and participate in accounting projects on an as required basis.
- Identify opportunities to move toward paperless processes within the Accounting department; create and manage paperless workflows as instructed by management.
- Create and maintain a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual to be updated at least quarterly. Engage in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by their supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualifications