Specialist, Product Development Support, Assignments
- Job Title: Specialist, Product Development Support – Assignments
- Area of Responsibility: Product Assignments
- Department: Products - Niche/MRO
- Reports To: Director, Product Management, NICHE/MRO Products
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Grade: 17
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Statement of Purpose
To assist nonprofit agencies in the development and addition of products to the Procurement List including resolving problems which arise in providing products to federal agencies. To create new jobs for people who are blind through overall coordination of the product assignment process per NIB Board Policy.
Responsibility for the Work of Others
Assigns and reviews work, and coordinates activities of other NIB staff involved in project development. May be required to serve as a project coordinator for product or products under development.
- Employees in Other Divisions Continually
- Supervisory Personnel Continually
- NIB Associated Agencies Continually
- Federal and/or State Government Agencies Frequently
- Private Sector Business Occasionally
- SourceAmerica Continually
- US AbilityOne Commission Occasionally
- FPI Occasionally
Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited college/university. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing, proofing of work, and follow through of assignments necessary
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Communication Skills
- Ethics / Integrity
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
- Process Improvement / Attention to Detail
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of related business experience. Two (2) years of experience in the procurement of products by the federal government preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination of all product assignment requests from initial request through assignment approval or rejection, including performing research necessary to determine assignment availability.
- Track all assignment requests effectively in the Assignment Tracking Tool
- Holds biweekly pipeline meetings with Product Management teams on status of open product assignment requests.
- Responsible for the administrative coordination and maintenance of the Product Development Listing in support of the AbilityOne Program. This includes entering daily updates of information received from government contracting activities, nonprofit agency assignment requests, and SourceAmerica request for product waivers.
- Report monthly on the distribution of assignments to NIB associated agencies (NPAs)
- Produce ad hoc reports from the Assignment Tracking Tool
- Provide assignment data for the annual Allocations and Recommendations Performance Report
- Update and distribute the Product Development List (DL1) report to agency CEOs monthly. Coordinate with Product Development Specialists and Product Managers to ensure project comments and data are accurate prior to DL1 release.
- Manage the receipt, tracking and response to SourceAmerica requests for NIB to waive product priority, which requires coordination with appropriate staff, collecting necessary information for senior management approval and signature.
- Manage the process to offer SourceAmerica the opportunity to transfer PL products as part of the formal deletion process.
- Produce the Quarterly Blind Priority Waiver Report, listing all information from SourceAmerica Waiver requests. Distribute to NIB Leadership and NIB Compliance team.
- Serve as a backup to other operational support roles in the Products Department, such as Procurement List maintenance and analytical support. Includes, but not limited to, building and submitting maintenance packages to update the PL, preparing special reports, supporting quarterly and annual PL addition audits, Post PL and new product addition actions.
- Efficiently uses Addition Development System (ADS) as a tool to manage assignments and track nonprofit agency development progress.
- When necessary, assist PDS and PM working with federal agencies and nonprofit agencies to develop new projects for addition to the Procurement List. May have responsibility for development and addition of new projects to the Procurement List.
- Markets capabilities of nonprofit agencies and NIB to contracting activities based on the requirements, needs, programs and initiatives of the contracting activities.
- Educate contracting activities and nonprofit agencies about procurement under the AbilityOne Program, as required.
- Educate nonprofit agencies on all aspects of government products. Participates in conducting training programs for nonprofit agencies in the area of products.
- Maintain milestones in ADS for weekly reports on status of project development, provision of products on the Procurement List and general accomplishments and problems in area of project development.
- Other duties as assigned
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon the request by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.