Associate Price Analyst
- Job Title: Associate Price Analyst
- Department: Contract Administration & Pricing Support
- Reports To: Program Director, Pricing Support
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Grade: 16
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Statement of Purpose
To maintain and expand employment opportunities for people who are blind by assisting NIB affiliated nonprofit agencies in the development, evaluation, and negotiation of prices for products and services with government and private sector customers while ensuring compliance with the FAR, DFARS, U.S. AbilityOne Commission policies and procedures, Cooperative Agreement requirements, and other Federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Employees in Other Divisions Frequently
- Supervisory Personnel Frequently
- NIB Associated Agencies Continually
- Federal and/or State Government Agencies Continually
- Private Sector Business/Suppliers Occasionally
An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
- Procurement, purchasing, pricing or contract administration (desirable).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work independently, highly organized, solution/objective oriented with strong planning and project management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills
- Process Improvement
- 1-3 years general business experience. Experience in pricing, accounting, finance, procurement, or other areas requiring analysis and/or management of cost data (pricing specific or in combination with other business experience) desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in systematic problem solving (desirable).
Visits to nonprofit agencies, government agencies, other NIB office and NIB meetings as required (up to 5%).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist associated nonprofit agencies with preparation of Recommended Fair Market Prices for new and existing product and service requirements. Includes assisting with the preparation of cost and price data and other price justification documentation in support of price proposals and economic or equitable price adjustments, market research to assess price reasonableness, and ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements.
- Perform market research and analyze historical cost and price trends for same or similar products and services.
- Execute required actions to maintain the AbilityOne Procurement List IAW US AbilityOne Commission policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Become familiar with the various contract types (Firm Fixed Price, Time & Materials, GSA Schedule, Blanket Purchasing Agreement, Basic Ordering Agreement, Purchase Order, and Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity) and their applicability and functions.
- Update and maintain the Master Tracking Log and other tools/reports in the course of performing assigned functions to capture metrics and monitor status of assigned work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Become knowledgeable of the Federal acquisition landscape, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), U.S. AbilityOne Commission Policies and Procedures and other regulatory and statutory guidance and requirements pertaining to pricing through structured internal training and independent training and professional development that conforms to the NCMA Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Guide
- Become proficient utilizing Oracle system in the performance of assigned duties as required, including but not limited to BI reports, researching contract information, and price list maintenance.
- Work in cross functional teams with external and internal stakeholders on special projects as assigned.
- Perform research and provide data in a timely manner as required responding to information requests from management and/or the US AbilityOne Commission and developing periodic reports.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, internal trainings, and conference calls as directed.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills when engaging internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in team training and independent professional development as required.
- Demonstrate high level of detail and accuracy in all work performed with minimal amount of rework required.
- Must be able to successfully function in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with teams to manage shifting priorities, maintain accuracy, and ensure adherence to established schedules and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.