Manager, E Commerce Support
- Job Title: Manager, E-Commerce Support
- Department: E-Commerce and Distribution Programs
- Reports to: Sr. Director, E Commerce
- Location: Alexandria, Virginia
- Grade: 19
- FLSA: Exempt
Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for directing, managing, adjusting, and updating E-Commerce contracts with existing and new customers such as GSA, DLA, VA, and TSA. It directs and manages the activities of e-marketing sales campaigns; maintains, improves, and grows the departments’ capabilities, operations, and service levels.
Responsibility for Work of Others
- Responsible for the management and accomplishments of all E-commerce support operations positions: Sr. Specialists and Sr. Specialist – NYSPSP.
- Leads the training and development of for all Sr. Specialist positions. Plans, trains, and monitors the work and performance of these positions.
- As the E-Commerce Oracle Super-User, works on related projects with NIB staff members, departments and functions, as training and project-team leader.
- Employee in Other Division Frequently
- Supervisory Personnel Frequently
- NIB and NISH Associated Agency Personnel Frequently
- Federal and/or State Government Agencies Frequently
- Third Party Vendors and Contractors Frequently
A bachelor’s degree in e-commerce, marketing or information systems and equivalent relevant experience is necessary. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge Required
A background in electronic commerce, B2B, B2G, and related applications are essential. Experience with SQL Server, spreadsheets and Oracle databases and systems a plus. Exceptional analytic skills, project management skills, and communication skills (oral and written) are essential. Experience with spreadsheets, database management and BI reports a must. Knowledge of government procurement processes, e-commerce and distribution concepts required.
At least five (5) years of experience in e-commerce operations, Oracle applications, projects, and initiatives preferably within the AbilityOne Program. A minimum of eight (8) plus years of business experience and experience managing a team.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees day-to-day operation of E-commerce business including personnel scheduling, order processing, order status tracking and customer problem resolution.
- Establish and maintain a successful team relationship with staff helping them understand the requirements for proper maintenance and growth of E-Commerce Programs.
- Direct and manage the liaison between contracting officers, customers, and vendors when issues are elevated from staff, seeking immediate resolution and response where appropriate.
- Work with the wholesalers for the E-Commerce Program including USSCO, SP Richards, and LCI, to improve business operations.
- Leads open order monitoring within the program for organizations such as GSA Advantage, GSA Regions, TSA, and BPAs. Including but not limited to providing daily, weekly, and periodic reports.
- Manages the order clearance process and work function, trains internal matrixed support staff in this work, and manages positive relationships with the Federal contracts management and staff, as well as the support required from other internal NIB departments.
- Responsible for all Contract Management related activities to maintain proper item contract coverage, quarterly pricing and addition and deletions.
Finance & Accounting:
- Assist with the generation and implementation of quarterly pricing packages for various E-Commerce-held contracts, schedules, and BPAs as well as pricing and uploads to Oracle.
- Assist with the generation of quarterly IFF sales report and IFF sales upload to GSA Finance website for all GSA schedules business. Coordinate w/NIB finance for payment.
- Prepare and track proper submission of GSA Schedule’s required reports such as SSR and ISR.
- Prepare and maintain documents for, and participate in, any GSA audits and manage preparation of monthly report for non-exempt sales tax reporting for California and Virginia.
- Assist E-Commerce Director with freight/shipping guidelines for [Register to View] orders, fuel surcharges and discount schedules.
- Directs, develops, and trains staff in E-Commerce operations, providing depth of capabilities in oracle operations applicable to all contracts, BPAs, and contract partnerships.
- Train and develop staff in Oracle analytic software and provides analysis of web trend data to present this information in reports, with initial conclusions, observations, and recommendations, to NIB management.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing EDI 850, 810, and 997 transaction logs. Initiate corrective action if transactions fail and coordinate w/IT to determine cause.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training for Oracle capabilities improvement for E-Commerce group employing both internal training and external formal classes.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all Oracle EBS related modules and processes and assists in training staff in all Oracle related activities.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.