Business Analyst, Summer 2022(Co-op/Internship) - 10 weeks
Address:200 W Adams Street
Job Family Group:Technology
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
As a full-time employee, we would require 2-4 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.