Experienced Embedded Software Engineer (2022)
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding of embedded software in control system applications where system timing and performance are crucial. Candidate must have the ability to work well with team members to develop, review and implement complex software applications. This position requires an individual that is results driven, highly motivated, quality focused, and has the ability to work within a high performing team. The Product’s technology includes AUTOSAR, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Over-the-Air Programming, Cyber Security, Advanced Control Algorithms, and much more. This position is located in Saginaw, MI. For the right candidate, we offer a generous relocation package.
- Plan, design, and implement embedded software for an Electronic Power Steering System.
- Analyze customer, system, and safety requirements to derive software project requirements.
- Review and understand Technical References and Data Sheets for the system’s microcontroller.
- Design and implement world class embedded software using C in compliance with ISO 26262.
- Develop documentation to comply with automotive SPICE.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and review designs.
- Interface directly with suppliers to understand and influence design aspects that impact the software.
- Participate in and lead design reviews.
- Participate in software process improvement activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of embedded software development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Understanding of software development techniques and methodologies
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development
- Experience with software coding using C language
- Experience with debugging and problem resolution
- Experience with Vector based analysis and development tools
- Experience with cross compilers and cross assemblers
- Experience with 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit microcontrollers and common peripherals (i.e., ADC, SPI)
- Experience with serial communications development and debugging (i.e., CAN)
- Experience with developing software within an AUTOSAR architecture
- Experience with standard software development environments (IDE)
- Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e., Synergy)
- Familiarity with formal requirements management tools (i.e., DOORS)
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools
- Familiarity with maturity models such as SPICE and/or CMMI.
- Familiarity with the AGILE development methodology.
- Familiarity with Matlab / Simulink
- Familiarity with the software safety mechanisms such as memory protection units and watchdogs
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
Bachelor - Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science (Required)
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.