Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Reality Lab's mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live. We've introduced our first generation of Oculus virtual reality products and are committed to driving the technology forward through continued innovation. Our Portal line of consumer hardware is changing how friends and families connect, and our Spark AR platform is the largest augmented reality platform in the world, powering mobile AR experiences across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger. In the future, our AR glasses will merge the physical and digital worlds, blending what's real with what's possible, resulting in the next mainstream, must-have, wearable consumer [Register to View] a Mechanical Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers responsible for the mechanical design of high-volume consumer AR products. You will lead a group of experts in mechanical design, materials, processing and fabrication methods. We seek a team leader that can build and manage teams that will deliver innovative products.
Manager, Mechanical Engineering Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Mechanical Engineers.
- Identify key roles required for team success and recruit top talent into AR/VR.
- Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring.
- Create career development plans, manage performance, create performance reviews.
- Collaborate with leadership team and design partners to define compelling products and the processes needed to create them.
- Perform architecture and design reviews to ensure hardware quality.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- 10+ years of experience with product design.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams through product development cycles.
- Experience in mass production, working with both domestic and overseas manufacturing.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience managing design teams for high-volume consumer products.
- Experience using handheld and wearable electronics.
- Experience with optical components and assemblies.