ASPICE Software Quality Process Engineer- Auburn Hills (2023)
This position supports process engineering and coaching the project teams in implementation of standard processes. The job requires an understanding of the entire system- software development lifecycle and general quality assurance methodologies. The ideal candidate is someone who has an embedded software engineering background with prior process development/ deployment experience.
- Author structured processes & maintain Process portal
- Analyze changes/ improvement suggestions for Process Governance Board (PGB)
- Facilitate Process Governance Board (PGB)
- Manage releases for Process portal
- Report metrics, analyze data & identify improvements
- Liaison with Process champions for continuous process improvement
- Facilitate “Train the Trainer” program
- Train & Coach Project Teams
- Assist to identify project specific tailoring
- Provide process implementation and tools usage support
- Assist in defect root cause analysis (3L5Y analysis) to identify Systemic causes
- Participate in project status review meetings
- Ensure ‘Lessons Learned’ meetings, and derive actions to improve processes & quality
- Support Customer assessments & external Automotive SPICE assessments
- Minimum of 3 years of quality assurance experience and 2 years of experience in Automotive domain
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with implementation of Automotive SPICE and/ or CMMI Level 3 processes
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts
- Understanding of MISRA standards, and verification methods/ tools
- Proficient with MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Project)
- Experience with Portfolio/ Program management tools like RTC, Clarity, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with Configuration management tools
- Experience with requirements analysis tools such as DOORS, DNG, etc.
- Familiarity with quality assurance methodologies
- Exhibits strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and practitioners
- Familiarity with Agile developments methodology (Preferred)
- This position offers the potential opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement. Please note, arrangements could change based on the company's COVID-19 protocols at the time of hire.
- Bachelor – Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) with relevant experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.