Data Center Capacity Planner
Meta is seeking a Data Center Capacity Planner to join the Strategic Planning and Analytics Team to drive capacity planning and turnup across our global fleet of data centers. In this role, you'll be part of the team that works cross functionally to develop the long range and tactical data center plans and scaling strategies for one of the most fast-growing infrastructure in the world. You will evaluate critical capacity planning changes and develop analytical and quantitative models that encompass demand and supply planning, and maintain the plan of record for Facebook's global data center program. You will support the technical analysis of new scaling initiatives and drive the implementation of new data center strategies and planning changes.
Data Center Capacity Planner Responsibilities:
- Work with capacity engineering groups to evaluate demand signals and partner with local and field teams to develop corresponding data center supply plans.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statement, collect data, build models and make recommendations.
- Build analytical models to support demand and supply planning, buffer management, investment and ROI decisions, and other qualitative data analysis on data center scaling strategies.
- Build performance dashboards and visualizations to highlight trends, and develop insights.
- Manage any requested changes to the plan and work with engineering groups in evaluating the capacity, cost, and timing impacts.
- Lead planning discussions and project reviews with key data center stakeholders such as networking, cabling, facilities, operations, and capacity engineering teams to align on new projects and ensure alignment on all aspects of data center planning.
- Work with the data center teams and various stakeholders to define, create and report on relevant metrics for measuring and monitoring the business and influencing decisions.
- Lead and support various strategy projects, as needed, in support of Facebook’s data center scaling plans.
- Use technical judgment to identify and drive new project evaluations, technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- 5+ years of experience in capacity planning, demand and supply management ,production planning, operations planning.
- Experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management.
- Experience with data analysis and data modeling.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Experience in Excel and developing visualizations using Tableau.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python or other programming knowledge.
- Experience in communications across stakeholders and presenting to senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline, including statistics, operations research, electrical engineering.
- Experience with data center technologies or operations.
- Infrastructure planning experience.