Manager, Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager
We are entering a new era of networking and internet connectivity. We are beginning to move away from phones and tablets as the only medium of connecting people to a world of immersive experiences created around AR and VR and the next generation of connectivity and compute platforms. Meta is leading this change and is pioneering every aspect of the change ranging from technology development to collaboration with the telecom industry to ensure connectivity will be ready for the immersive worlds of tomorrow. If you have passion for working with technology leaders, operators, CSPs, and other industry stakeholders to develop the future of networking and drive innovative and cutting edge network infrastructure projects – then this is a great role for you. As a Connectivity Ecosystems Manager, you will work closely with the Meta Infrastructure and Connectivity teams, network operators, and members of the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) to help move the telecom infrastructure ecosystem forward. Through the role, you will interface with engineers developing technologies related to mobile wireless access, core networking, traffic management, network interconnection and other telecom technologies. You will interface with industry partners, hardware/software vendors and system integration providers. Finally, you will work closely with Meta teams and the industry to convey how we can work collaboratively to accelerate the telecom technology ecosystem to bring the metaverse to life.
Manager, Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify the opportunities to enhance telecom networks to better support immersive applications and metaverse. Working with the industry in collaborative forums such as TIP to accelerate the industry to support these applications.
- Support organizational thought leadership around Meta’s participation in TIP to further existing and identify new opportunities for industry collaboration which will result in material acceleration of the industry to support metaverse ready networks.
- Drive industry forum working groups to generate tangible outputs of technology and drive adoption of those technologies including field trials and deployments.
- Drive executive-level relationships with external network operators and infrastructure partners to help accelerate metaverse readiness of their networks and equipment.
- Proven leadership, partnership and communication skills, including experience in building presentations to technical and business audiences including C-level executives from technology and operator companies.
- Experience leading global teams, providing substantial mentorship, guidance, and career development support.
- Experience managing complex and technically-oriented programs end-to-end across a variety of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and communication experience.
- Firm understanding of mobile telecom infrastructure system architecture, network design principles, wireless spectrum bands coupled with expertise planning, designing or deploying telecom networks.
- 15+ years of experience in program management, product management, business development, product marketing or roles with a very high cross-functional component.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Understanding of the telecom sector, including key players, history, current pain points, current direction, future challenges and opportunities, etc.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $239,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]