Sustainability Program Manager, Net Zero
Meta’s Net Zero team drives sustainability strategy, programs and engagement across the company and with our partners. We seek an experienced Program Manager to lead a portfolio of greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction projects as part of Meta’s goal to reach net zero emissions across our value chain in 2030. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the net zero team to identify long term pathways to reduce Meta’s GHG emissions and partnering with cross-functional teams to support the development and execution of new and existing GHG reduction initiatives.
Sustainability Program Manager, Net Zero Responsibilities:
- Implement portfolio of GHG reduction programs that align with corporate strategy and goals through partnership with the Infrastructure team and select teams across Meta’s value chain.
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and coordinate with internal stakeholders to deliver timely projects.
- Build and manage program framework and tools to enable prioritization, project selection and implementation.
- Scale the impact of suppliers and internal initiatives to accelerate value chain GHG emissions reduction.
- Facilitate engagement and collaboration with external partners, industry consortia, and other stakeholders in the development of opportunities for GHG reduction.
- Facilitate annual and quarterly net zero planning, goal setting, roadmapping, and communication across the Sustainability Team and other internal teams to share progress, gaps and needs, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Effectively communicate program progress internally.
- Drive evaluation of emerging opportunities and risks, support evaluation of emissions reduction technology and partnerships.
- Ability to travel (10%).
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal interdisciplinary teams as well as external stakeholders.
- A self starter, with a proven experience to diplomatically resolve issues through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing go-forward solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science, business or related field.
- 8+ years of related experience in fields related to sustainability.
- Understanding of global and sectoral sustainability initiatives.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial spirit with experience influencing across an organization with indirect authority.
- Experience driving GHG reduction projects end-to-end within a company’s direct operations and/or value chain.
- Technical knowledge of carbon reduction strategies, technology and evaluation techniques.
- Effective communications skills.
- Experience setting and implementing corporate emissions reductions goals aligned best industry standards such as with the Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTi).
- Expertise in GHG accounting.
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. MBA, Master’s in Sustainability Management, Environmental science).
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $144,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]