Senior Consulting Engineer - Enterprise Network
CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our clients and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are talented, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging engagements and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, engagements, and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consulting with technical expertise in the area of network engineering by working with clients to define, develop and deliver network solutions to solve their business objectives.
- Discover, design, plan, and implement next-generation networks using the latest technology such as SD-WAN, data center automation, and campus automation.
- Participate in various client engagements intended to assess, improve, and upgrade network infrastructures
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of engagements using CDW's engagement management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of clients, including the engagement sponsor and stakeholders of engagements in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on client engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet engagement requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the client’s satisfaction and approval
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet client, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the client on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the engagement or service life
- Supports pre-sales validation and activities lead by Field Solution Architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years consulting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- Minimum of one-year experience in programming or analytical work
- CCIE certification preferred
- Aruba certifications preferred
- Cisco and Aruba SD-Wan skills
- Strong scripting skills
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.