Network Engineer, Operations Support
Meta's Edge & Network Service (ENS) team is actively looking for passionate people to help us tackle the unique set of challenges and opportunities we face, while contributing to our company mission of connecting the world. Our team is the execution arm of the Meta network team and is responsible for the deployment and support of all production networks (Edge, Backbone, Optical, and Datacenter) as well as our content delivery network (CDN) across the globe. This global team offers a unique career opportunity to work with talent engineers on all of the latest network technologies solving some of the most complex problems in the industry.
Network Engineer, Operations Support Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair functions of network infrastructure on our datacenter campus in adherence to SLAs.
- Work with partner teams and vendors to manage day-to-day operations and reliability of the network within assigned geographic region.
- Manage project timelines to support turn-up within expected completion intervals.
- Proactively contribute to support documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair services.
- Create and collaborate on MOPs, processes, as-built documentation and asset database for installed network infrastructure and structured cabling.
- Support the installation and provisioning of data center equipment, servers and racks.
- Management of vendor relationships, work scheduling and forecasting.
- Metric management at the site level to meet SLA targets for installation and repair.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the network infrastructure 24x7.
- 25% of travel required, up to 50% based on projects.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against mission critical deadlines.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with network hardware, structured cable, and fiber infrastructure.
- Oversee the vendor intake and workflow necessary to facilitate the delivery of ticketed work requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working knowledge of internet networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, switching) and optical transport technologies.
- Working knowledge of 40/100G Ethernet and CWDM, DWDM, and optical transport network technologies.
- Working knowledge across partner teams to accept new build and retrofit spaces from delivery to production.
- Technical knowledge of routers, switches, routing protocols, and circuit field activities.
- 4+ years of work experience responsible for installation, maintenance, and operating large-scale networks or servers.
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including cable management, low voltage installations, and rack installation.
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
- Working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure and critical facility operational best practices.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, VRRP).
- Familiarity with the Linux-based systems and experience with scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl).
- Knowledge in technical leadership capabilities and people management.