Lithographies and Nanofabrication Processes Lead
The Reality Labs team at Meta is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. Our goal is to make world-class consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences. We are a team of world-class experts, industry-leading scientists, and engineers researching future technologies that will make VR and AR pervasive and universal. The Optics and Display Research group focuses on medium- and long-term research creating new solutions for optical systems to be integrated in the future VR/AR. The Lab Management group in O&DR is currently seeking an innovative Lithographies and Nanofabrication Processes Lead. This person should have a passion for working across technical disciplines to support micro and nanofabrication processes for new optical devices needed for several research groups. Particularly, the candidate will be responsible for all the lithographic systems in the clean room (optical, electron beam, ion beam, and nanoimprinting), as well as maintaining the tools, improving the capabilities and the processes, and proposing new tools and processes.
Lithographies and Nanofabrication Processes Lead Responsibilities:
- Organize and set-up multipurpose, multiscale lithographic capabilities for the O&DR group.
- Work closely with O&DR researchers to better understand their needs and help set up their best micro and nanofabrication strategies.
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues in the Lab Management Group to define and implement better strategies to support O&DR.
- Lead and own our Patterning and Lithography group.
- Interface with the Engineering Support Group and Facility Support Group.
- Control and record the activities and results of the cleanroom lithography sessions for O&DR.
- Drive development of new nanofabrication capabilities relative to AR/VR activities for Reality Labs.
- Train and supervise researchers and engineers during their work in the lithography area of the micro/nano fabrication clean room.
- Participate in strategic planning and decision making of the Lab Management group.
- Manage a group of researchers and engineers.
- Communicate technology, processes, and plans effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the scientific activities of O&DR by collaborating on scientific proposals and projects.
- Experience and knowledge of nanofabrication tools, processes, and performance optimization.
- 4+ years of experience in optical, electron beam, FIB, or nanoimprinting lithography lab management.
- Knowledge of nanofabrication including Electron Beam Lithography, Deep UV Lithography, Focused Ion Beam Lithography, Dry Etching, and Material Deposition.
- Experience in developing new technologies and integrating advanced systems to facilitate usage and improve research throughput.
- Experience in developing advanced nanofabrication processes with multi-function/multi-disciplinary threads across hardware, software, and firmware.
- 6+ years of experience in nanofabrication clean room laboratories.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree.
- Experience working across disciplines and with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience in optical systems research.
- Experience working with diversified, multidisciplinary groups of people.
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by papers, grants, fellowships, patents.
- General knowledge of optics including display optics, imaging, illumination, radiometry and colorimetry, physical and geometric optics, and polarization.
- Expertise in some of the following areas: Silica or other transparent insulators, nanopatterning, optical waveguide fabrication processes, nano optical device fabrication, nanophotonics, metamaterials, Integrated Optics devices, and thin films optics.
- Experience in Material Science research.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or related degree.
- Proven experience working and collaborating with teams.
- Proven team work experience.