MEMS Engineer - Controls
As a MEMS Engineer at Meta, you will take a critical role in developing next generation AR and VR Systems. You will become part of a team exploring new MEMS concepts through design and fast iterative prototyping. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical, mechanical, optical, and software techniques. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, and are able to drive a concept into a prototype and then mature the design to a high-volume consumer product solution. The candidate should have strong knowledge of MEMS actuation, sensing, and control algorithms for device operation, and expertise in MEMS prototyping, testing, and analysis. The candidate will work with a team of engineers and scientists focused on design, prototyping, testing, and scale-up of novel MEMS systems.
MEMS Engineer - Controls Responsibilities:
- Develop MEMS actuation, sensing, and control algorithms for device operation.
- Develop and manage testing pipeline for MEMS devices including: prototyping, PCB layout, and test-bed development.
- Perform mechanical and electrical characterization of MEMS devices.
- Develop power budget analysis for integrated devices.
- Support systems integration of MEMS devices.
- Work with and manage vendors worldwide.
- Work across the full product development cycle, from concept inception to shipping product.
- Prepare reports and present progress and results to leadership.
- Expertise in building out front and back end instrumentation for MEMS device testing.
- Expertise in electrical and mechanical MEMS characterization.
- Experience with MEMS packaging and electrical interfacing including wire bonding and probe station use.
- Proven English skills.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent.
- Expertise in closed-loop control algorithms for MEMS devices.
- Experience with PCB layout, including tools such as Altium or Eagle.
- 3+ years of industry experience in MEMS controls and testing.
- Expertise in 3D design modeling (NX and/or SOLIDWORKS) for test fixturing and physical prototyping.
- Expertise in drive and sense designs for MEMS control.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent with experience in MEMS controls and testing.
- Experience with MEMS tape outs and foundry fabrication processes.
- Experience with optical MEMS characterization.
- Experience in consumer electronics product development and/or manufacturing.
- Experience with multi-physics finite element simulations using tools such as COMSOL or ANSYS.
- Experience with REL testing including: thermal performance, shock, and vibration.
- Experience with ASIC development.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $213,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]