Corporate Real Estate Analyst - Hybrid (Chicago Land Area)
CDW’s Corporate Real Estate group is responsible for the company’s leased office portfolio in North America. This includes end-to-end occupancy activities for our 60+ offices located in 30 US States and Canada. Our small but impactful group drives strategy and execution for our office portfolio, including site selection, leasing, design, construction, lease administration and select facilities management activities.
The Corporate Real Estate Manager will manage real estate related projects, processes and select facilities management activity for CDW's leased office space and will assist the Director of Real Estate in the day-to-day management of CDW’s corporate real estate office portfolio in North America.
A focus of the role will be to support all aspects of the real estate lease transaction management process including analysis of portfolio occupancy metrics, site selection, evaluation of leased location options and financial analysis of CDW’s leased office portfolio.
In addition, the candidate will work closely with CDW’s internal and external project management function as it relates to design, construction management for new leases and renewals assisting in all aspects of corporate workspace standards and implementation of relocation/renewal plans.
This includes working with various internal and external stakeholders to coordinate project requirements and independently manage small to mid-size construction and internal move projects.
This role will also administer a process for space planning and occupancy management. This includes working with various internal stakeholders and external vendors and databases to coordinate and implement policy.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing facility capital planning requirements and capital appropriation for department and internal clients.
- Financial modeling of real estate office leasing options.
- Provide transaction management support, including scheduling meetings and following up with service providers to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Responsible for the full management and accuracy of the FM/space management software and reports. (Includes leading & training 30+ local “in-Market” space coordinators)
- Prepare quarterly space utilization and security access card reports, as well as annual transaction and project summary reports.
- Produce and continuously update project tracking and portfolio summary reports. Plan and track project timelines and milestones utilizing appropriate tools.
- Assist in the preparation of business justifications and financial analysis to support real estate activities.
- Lead all invoice payment processing and research payment status as necessary to respond to vendor inquiries.
- Prepare communications for landlords, property managers and internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with RE Director to develop strategic plans and preparing executive presentations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance or related discipline.
- 3-4 years’ experience coordinating RE projects with a team, including performing financial evaluations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate information and interact with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive cross-functional relationships.
- History of successfully coordinating moderate to complex projects, with multiple facets and stakeholders.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and quickly applying them in a practical setting.
- Detail oriented.
- Flexibility to travel as necessary.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.