Critical Operations Manager
Meta is seeking a Critical Operations Manager to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our services operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Critical Operations Manager leads a team of Critical Facility Managers to operate and maintain our data centers critical facility infrastructure. The ideal candidate will possess large scale data center or similar critical facility operations experience with strong technical and leadership skills.
Critical Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the execution of both the tactical and strategic direction of the local Critical Operations team.
- Collaborate with peer engineering and support pillars in addition to local, regional, and enterprise cross functional partners.
- Lead the operational awareness representation in new and retrofit build/construction.
- Hire Critical Facility Managers and oversee hiring activities for Critical Facility Engineers.
- Mentor career and professional development of Critical Operations team members.
- Develop, contribute, and deliver skill, compliance, and safety training programs.
- Guide and represent the team through performance management.
- Review and approve high risk critical infrastructure maintenance procedures.
- Conduct Post-Incident and Root Cause Analysis reviews. Incorporate lesson learned into the day-to-day operations of the campus. Communicate significant lessons learned to relevant internal and external teams.
- Responsible for risk mitigation efforts across the site, including an overall view of systems offline and undergoing maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with work management processes and workflows across the site, including facilitating cross functional workloads.
- Develop and oversee processes that ensure compliance with global Facebook and any locally required EHS standards in day-to-day planned and demand activities.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive incident response program of emergency operating procedures for the Critical Operations Team.
- Serve as an after-hour escalation resource, as needed, to first and second service response agents.
- 7+ years experience in team management
- 5+ years experience in critical environment operations
- Communication skills
- Process and workflow development experience
- Experience in team management within a complex
- Experience with large scale critical environment operations, construction, and retrofit activity
- 7+ years experience in critical environment work
- Solid technical background in power, mechanical, control, and/or life-safety systems
- Experience building out new and developing existing high-performance teams