Infrastructure Materials Manager
Meta is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Materials Manager to support the service of physical infrastructure. The team is responsible for logistics support and material planning for various technical teams that operate physical infrastructure. The Infrastructure Materials Manager will build strong partnerships with various internal business partners, plan material inventory, manage material escalation & coordinate execution activities, enable automated processes by ensuring the necessary inputs and initial setup to enable operation efficiency in the growing business area. This position is for an operations professional who can be flexible and operate complex programs, maintain engagement with multiple stakeholders, envision the future systems & processes, and lead cross-functional efforts to support ever changing and growing customer needs.
Infrastructure Materials Manager Responsibilities:
- Support Materials Management team in determining optimal supply chain execution for all products by providing analyses based on demand, failure rates, decommissions, EOL/LTB, cost, etc.
- Engage with internal customers and gain understanding of their current and future needs.
- Shape the customer-facing vision of the team and roadmap internal activities in support of the vision.
- Plan material for consumption at globally distributed locations.
- Consolidate or generate material forecasts based on data and cross-functional inputs.
- Act as the primary liaison between OEM/Vendors/Distributors and Meta managing, monitoring and driving spare materials requirements.
- Understand the underlying factors behind material demand through data analysis and cross-functional collaboration. Sense changes to demand and adjust proactively.
- Formalize and standardize data analysis & coordination across IBOS, which includes, planning, fulfillment, finance & transportation, to mitigate and manage risk.
- Possess in-depth understanding of systems and tools. Identify gaps, troubleshoot, and provide inputs for future system development.
- Create materials management focused executive dashboards and KPI metrics for operations all hands meetings (Tier I and Tier II metrics). Determine optimal supply chain execution through detailed analyses.
- Flexible & Collaborate with adjacent teams on sourcing, quality, and production issues.
- Work with vendors, manufacturers, and sourcing teams on tactical and strategic items.
- BS degree in engineering, science, or business, or related work experience
- 8+ years of supply chain experience
- Experience on inventory management, forecasting methods, NPI and service operations
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain planning tools and ERP systems
- Experience in program management, vendor and stakeholder management
- Proven communication, problem solving, and interpersonal experience
- Advanced user of Excel, VBA, or similar data visualization tool
- Experience in process mapping, gap analysis, and requirement elicitation
- Experience working in cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- Graduate degree in management, operations or supply chain
- 5+ years of Excel, Tableau, quantitative modeling or related experience
- In-depth understanding of systems and tools
- Experience in logistics operations in a global high growth environment