Software Marketing Manager- Saginaw (2023)
The Software Marketing Manager will play a key role within Nexteer’s Global Strategic Marketing, Communications & Branding (SMCB) Team by leading marketing efforts – both external communications and data analysis – to build awareness and grow sales in Nexteer’s software solutions.
In this role, you will work closely with the Global Marketing Communications Team and the Global Software Engineering Team to define and develop compelling, differentiated value propositions for Nexteer’s software solutions. You will also develop and execute content that drive those unique value propositions into the marketplace – both through external marketing communications tactics and through tools that can be leveraged by our Global Sales Team in their direct engagement with customers.
In addition, you will track industry trends and forecasts, conduct primary and secondary research, and translate these data into meaningful insights for Nexteer’s software business. Your tracking will cover targeted OEM customers’ and competitors’ varied approaches to software management/investments, buying and selling – and help differentiate Nexteer’s software offerings within this landscape. You will also provide value-based market pricing analysis and insights specific to software. A deep understanding of the global automotive market, as well as go-to-market strategies for software solutions (either within or beyond the automotive market) is also desired. You will offer insights on the array of software business models from Software as a Service, Software as a Product, licensing, data monetization and more.
The candidate should have strong communication, writing, project management and data analytical skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is a must. Experience with IHSM / S&P Global databases and portals is a plus.
Please note, this position offers the potential opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to define and develop differentiated value propositions that address our target customers business challenges
- Defines appropriate marketing campaigns – including objectives, messaging, audience, channels, etc. – for assigned solutions and/or products
- Works with Global External Communications Team and Nexteer’s PR agency to execute campaigns across various channels (social, digital, collateral, etc.)
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of assigned marketing campaigns against defined KPIs
- Adjusts the asset and tactic mix of assigned marketing campaigns according to performance data to ensure KPIs are met
- Drives the development of toolkits that convey the value of assigned solutions and/or products and align to the messaging and positioning of our campaigns
- Partners with Sales leadership, and other necessary stakeholders, to ensure that the global Sales team has been educated on our solution offerings
- Coaches Sales & Software team members to fully understand and convincingly articulate Nexteer’s software solutions, value propositions, industry trends as well as confidently position themselves as steering software consultants
- Support special customer events (e.g., ride & drives, customer technology showcases, etc.) that demonstrate superior features/solutions as well as enhance customer relationship building
- Gathers and documents input from market research, sales feedback & customer interactions
- Provides market insights to product management to support the development of high-quality solutions and products
- Develops or contributes to messaging briefs, customer strategies, competitive positioning & other source documents
- Maintains working knowledge of capabilities, roadmaps & go-to-market plans for assigned products and/or solutions
- Develop value-based market pricing models & analysis for specific software business opportunities
- Collaborate with Nexteer executives and extended global marketing and communications team to support strategic software initiatives
- Collaborate with Nexteer’s technical SMEs and Sales team to collect key insights from them that can be used to craft compelling proposals, presentations, case studies and other communications aligned to marketing objectives
- Coordinate with team members and outside agencies on various projects – participating in and leading team meetings as necessary
- Meet with colleagues, attend training sessions and read industry publications to learn about Nexteer and the automotive industry
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years marketing, communication, sales or engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, engineering, business or related field; MBA is preferred
- Strong background in marketing software-based solutions, specifically message and value proposition development and content marketing (within or outside of automotive industry)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various business settings
- Ability to research businesses, track industry trends and support potential new business opportunities
- Structured thinker and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across regions, cultures, business functions and organizational levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools – especially Excel
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to think critically, creatively and translate complex / technical concepts for audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
- Proven project management skills and experience owning projects from concept development to implementation including debrief and ROI analysis
- Experience working with or leading creative agencies and/or third-party vendors on projects
- Understanding of / experience with sales business and opportunity planning in the automotive industry, as well as the ability and interest to understand customers’ unique challenges, megatrend alignment, competitors and business dynamics
- Ability to facilitate, manage and lead cross functional teams to drive project completion
- Ability to work on multiple tasks – proactively prioritizing activities to achieve results and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, often ambiguous and diverse environment
- Highly motivated, flexible, and willing to learn new technologies and applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervisions; This is an individual contributor role
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.