Senior Consulting Engineer - Enterprise Network
- Perform client consulting with technical expertise in the area of network engineering by working with clients to define, develop and deliver network solutions to solve their business objectives.
- Discover, design, plan, and implement next-generation networks using the latest technology such as SD-WAN and network automation.
- Participate in various client engagements intended to assess, improve, and upgrade network infrastructures
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of engagements using CDW's engagement management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of clients, including the engagement sponsor and stakeholders of engagements in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on client engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet engagement requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the client’s satisfaction and approval
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet client, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the client on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the engagement or service life
- Supports pre-sales validation and activities lead by Field Solution Architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years consulting experience
- Minimum of one-year experience in programming or analytical work
- Fluent with Design and Implementation of Cisco networking technologies, including one or more of the following: Cisco SD-WAN, Meraki, Cisco DNA-C, advanced switching, routing, and firewall technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment including: Cisco Nexus 9000 / 7000 / 5000 / 2000 series of Data Center switches running NX-OS, Cisco Catalyst 9000 / 6500 / 4500 / 3850 / 3750 series of Campus switches, Meraki MS and MX series appliances.
- Knowledge of network/internet Protocols/Services such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VXLAN, LACP, DNS, TCP/IP, and VPN.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 & 3 Switching
- Ability to manage and deploy network changes, including firewalls and access lists
- Knowledge of automation and programmability using Python a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting Cisco router, switch and/or virtual network configurations
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the enterprise-level clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
- CCIE certification preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.