Software Technical Project Lead (2023)
The Nexteer Advanced Automotive Software engineering team continues to grow and evolve as we are working with multiple customers in support of their development of demonstration vehicles and design requirements. At the same time the team is developing and refining our own production-intent designs for offering on anticipated upcoming requests for new business quotes.
Nexteer’s Advanced Software Engineering Department is seeking a skilled software Technical Project Manager to lead strategic technology projects. The ideal candidate will not only possess strong organizational and leadership skills, but also has a passion to lead a technology from creation to implementation in an aggressive timeline.
- Work with a team of highly motivated engineers in the development of software architecture and features for advanced steering systems.
- Track software project development and implementation activities from creation of technology to production release.
- Lead software release activities, including system and safety checklists.
- Develop milestones and internal deadlines to meet project deliverables for design, quality, and reliability.
- Create project timing and resource plans.
- Identify project risks and develop plans to mitigate those risks and ensure project success.
- Provide effective leadership in establishing, motivating, and mentoring project teams to achieve project objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Clearly communicate project status to executive leadership, internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Provide technical leadership for projects incorporating complex mechatronic systems.
- Use system level thinking to optimize overall product performance and project objectives.
- Minimum 3 years of post-graduate work experience
- Strong project planning and tracking abilities
- High degree of organization and accuracy in work details
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective oral & written communication skills with ability to convey executive summaries
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Highly motivated with good time management skills to efficiently manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, controls, and software engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- Automotive engineering experience
- Previous Electric Power Steering experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN and FlexRay)
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink, ControlDesk/dSPACE, CANape/CANalyzer
- Familiarity with ISO 26262
- Basic knowledge of C, C++ programming language
BS Electrical Engineering or BS Computer Engineering – Required
MS Electrical Engineering or MS Computer Engineering - Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.