Software Integration Engineer- Auburn Hills (2023)
Nexteer Automotive wants to develop Virtual-ECUs to simulate the software virtually without any hardware, early in the program lifecycle.
As part of this Nexteer Automotive is looking for a BSW Engineer with a diverse skill set who enjoys software integration and validation, utilizing software-in-the-loop methodology, on the application and basic software layers.
Please note, this position offers the potential opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.
- Design and implement embedded software using C language
- Integrate Software Components into an AUTOSAR project
- Configuration of OS, BSW component layers as per program specific requirements
- Support configuration of MCAL
- Review and understand Technical References and Data sheets for the systems microcontroller
- Test case development and testing of Application and BSW as part of desktop simulation
- Work with tool vendors to understand the V-ECU process and help them with any queries on the Application or BSW
- Understand system and SW architecture
- Interface with cross functional teams to understand requirements and review designs
- Deep understanding of the BSW AUTOSAR stack
- Experience with 8 ,16 or 32 bit microcontrollers and common peripherals (i.e.,ADC,SPI)
- Experience with developing software within an AUTOSAR architecture
- Deep understanding of microcontroller peripherals, their use and configuration options
- Good organization and documentation abilities
- Experience with standard software development environments
- Experience with Vector/ETAS based SW development tools
- Experience with functional safety at a BSW level
- Experience with dSPACE toolchain for Virtual-ECU development (VEOS, SystemDesk)
- Good knowledge of logging tools such as CANoe, ControlDesk, CANalyzer etc
- Working knowledge of CAN serial communications, including vehicle messaging and diagnostic service implementation.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.