SiteOps Data Center Site Project Manager
We're looking for a strong operations Project Manager to join the Data Center Site Operations Team. The ideal candidate will be able to manage the variety of the data center site initiatives as well as the global projects. The expectations of this role include Project Management experience as well as operational knowledge in a highly technical and fast paced operational environment.Critical for this role is the ability to manage multiple complex projects which are operational in nature, involving work and communication across teams and geographical locations. Additionally, knowledge of all the key deliverables from teams and leveraging this information to identify opportunities for efficiency gains and innovation is a key factor to success in this role.
SiteOps Data Center Site Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and balance a portfolio of Data Center specific initiatives, projects and programs that span several functions or sites. The supported initiatives may have a definitive start and end. Some of these initiatives will be continuous and operational in nature. Coordinate and support work across these and ensure on-time delivery of all initiatives and milestones.
- Define and standardize processes and drive consistency and efficiency across Meta’s Data Center sites. Using data to help teams makes key decisions.
- Establish an initial overall plan of new projects and operational initiatives, leveraging various teams’ expertise, including but not limited to defining the schedule, scope and risk analysis.
- Ensure alignment with centrally based functions as well as other Data Center-based Project Management roles to enable delivery of complex projects and operational initiatives.
- Communicate project/program and operational initiative progress to stakeholders, and define communication paths. Lead and define all local collaboration channels such as meetings, groups and reports de-conflicting across groups where necessary.
- Act as a local escalation point for issues affecting the delivery of projects and operational initiatives. Facilitate the resolution of issues where support outside of the project team is required.
- Act as a conduit for feedback on existing and new processes deployed at the Data Centers.
- Work as a coordination point for regional projects and coordinate with local resources.
- Enable and support coordinated efforts that impact global timelines for retrofits, decommissions, and new construction within the site or a wider region.
- Manage day-to-day work directly where required, and support areas managed by other Project Management functions.
- Represent and temporarily support work in the team when peers are absent at the site or globally.
- Organizational and time management experience.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and operational initiatives, juggling different priorities and projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science or 4+ years of technical project management experience.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent operational initiatives and demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Project management experience in building scalable initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective projects.
- Experience in working within matrixed organizations where cross-functional processes and teams are core to the operation.
- Working/operational knowledge in the following areas: server hardware, operating systems and provisioning, physical and logical capacity planning, Data Center cooling and power, asset management, Fiber and network technology, Data Center Construction.
- Experience leading projects in a Data Center environment including areas such as construction, operations, capacity planning, turn-ups and decommissioning, retrofits in live environments and process and tooling innovation.
- Scrum and/or PMP certification.
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 critical operations environment.
- Six Sigma Certification.