Software Developer / Application Support Specialist
Labcorp IT is actively searching for an experienced Software Developer/ Application Support Specialist who will leverage their technology skills to develop business solutions within the healthcare industry. The applicant will be challenged with cutting-edge technologies to provide a modern framework for Java/Linux-based solutions across virtualized machines, and hybrid cloud platforms. They will be engaged in a wide variety of work, including but not limited to web applications and web service development, platform development, automation, and coaching/mentoring of teams adopting the platforms. The role will include dealing with complex business integrations, eliciting requirements, and implementing secure and high- performance services consumed by various devices and applications across the organization.
- Support in-house developed and COTS applications, including troubleshooting bugs, responding to user inquiries and requests.
- Resolve user submitted tickets. This including but not limited to: providing technical solution, training, or work around.
- Work with lab operators to identify and resolving equipment and instrument technical issues
- Analyze frequent requested tickets; identify problems; propose solutions, process and/or system improvement
- Design and implement software enhancement requests
- Update and maintain Knowledge Base articles
- Test software releases and upgrades to ensure that it meets regulatory standards.
- Perform system administration tasks
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Science, information technology, computer programming or another closely related field.
- 4+ years of experience supporting custom application systems
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience with Linux
- Highly motivated with the ability to master all applications’ functionalities
- Good at problem solving. Be able to identify and resolve issues that arise with software and instruments.
- Effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues with end users and developers
- Experience using ticketing system such as JIRA
- Familiar with underlying architecture of multi-tiered browser-based applications
- Expose to regulatory requirements such as GLP, CLIA, etc. is a plus
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .