Embedded Software Engineer- Auburn Hills (2023)
The Electrical Systems Team is looking for an ambitious embedded software engineer to join our team. Our team is responsible for algorithm development and software architecture of functions that span the hardware and software boundary. This role is involved with both new development and supporting legacy technologies. This is a highly cross functional role interfacing with hardware, software, safety, and customer program teams.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with embedded systems.
- Proficient with C programming.
- Experience developing low level device drivers.
- Familiarity with developing software architecture.
- Familiarity with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, CAN, SENT, Analog).
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and digital multimeters (DMM).
- Familiarity with analyzing hardware schematics.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Support meetings / presentations internally and with customers to discuss electrical designs and diagnostic implementations.
- Experience with a requirements management tool e.g., DOORs
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink programming.
- Familiarity with formal problem-solving skills, e.g., fish bone analysis.
- Familiarity with in-circuit emulators or debuggers
Bachelor - Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Employment agencies are an important component of our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Nexteer Automotive or directly to hiring managers in any form without a signed Nexteer Automotive Agency Agreement on file, and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means. Additionally, any resume submitted without a contract in place will be considered Nexteer Automotive property and no fees will be paid to the agency if the candidate is hired.
Please note, agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by a member of Nexteer’s Human Resources team. No other Nexteer employee is authorized to bind Nexteer to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by an agency.