Lead Software Engineer - Hybrid Opportunity
Proficient in leading a project and is responsible for coordination of all activities of the project team. Proficient in working on all phases of the project including detailed design, coding and testing. Develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements for interfaces, functions and features. Provides expertise regarding integration of applications across the business. Mentors and guides team members in technology and business processes. Participates with the Senior / Lead Software Engineer in the analysis and implementation of new technology.
- Expertise in the IT full project SDLC. Responsible for completing all components of the IT Agile and small project methodology.
- Utilizes meeting facilitation, interview, and/or business and technical research skills during the entire project lifecycle. Coaches’ business users on identifying, structuring and composing future business processes.
- Ensures the project team's end results fulfill the business needs.
- Responsible for supervision of project staff, which may include business analysts and managing software development analysts. Uses technical and business expertise to provide leadership and mentoring to all staff.
- Performs various project leadership activities including test environment design and construction, issue resolution, status reporting and configuration management. Ensures all deadlines and commitments are met. Keeps abreast of all activities of the project team. Ability to provide backup to IT Director / Manager duties when necessary. Assists IT Director / Manager with project and resource planning.
- Listens, interprets and documents business user requirements and/or requests in compliance with the department methodology, standards procedures, practices and goals. Open to team member ideas and approaches along with mentoring/guiding them in the right direction. Works with, coordinates and manages external resources as necessary.
- Exhibits a complete understanding of full TJC business processes and IT systems. Works with, coordinates and manages external resources as necessary. Participates in health care, IT and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Treat team members fairly and builds relationships within and across departments.
- Should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field OR equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree (MIS or MBA) recommended.
- 5 - 7 years of IT work experience completing application development in a distributed multi-tier
- 2+ years of software development experience with a wide variety of applications is
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C# and VB.NET.
- In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, LINQ and EF, MVC, Web API, Windows Service, Schedule Task, Telerik Controls, XML, XSLT, XSD, SQL Server 2012.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Release Manager
- Good understanding of Performance Measurement and Reporting Business
- HL 7 and Schematron
- ILOG Rule Engine
- Share point development experience
- 3+ years of Project Leadership experience.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in developing detailed requirement
specifications, system documentation, workflow procedures, and data modeling
documentation. Communicates system changes and issues to both business sponsors and IT
- Ability to work on a variety of programming languages and software packages that Joint
utilizes. Stays abreast of the development in area of professional competence.
- Works independently or as a part of a team to support cross-team architecture requirements.
- Ability to mentor/coach all levels of Software Engineers and Analysts
- Proficient at taking a project from inception to completion including project planning, status
reporting, requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and implementation of a quality
product. Oversee integration testing and ensure a quality product with zero defects.
- Able to conduct as well as negotiate and convince participants in team meetings with IT staff
including business users.
- Ability to prepare effective presentations including meeting facilitation.
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness. Uses expertise to identify and Analyze problems and assess potential issues to improve applications in a timely manner.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.