Codec Avatars Research Scientist
At Reality Labs Research, we aspire to achieve a vision of social presence in VR and AR where people are able to interact with each other across distances in a way that is indistinguishable from in-person interactions. We are looking for exceptional researchers who are excited about designing and implementing models that transform partial human information into realistic VR representations.You will partner with software developers and research interns, collaborating together on the innovation necessary to build the foundations of social presence technology. At our lab, you will be exposed to facilities, algorithms, and data that are years ahead of anything else in existence today. We want people who seek both the best quality and widest reach in their work.
Codec Avatars Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms and models that can transform information deficient inputs (e.g. cameras with limited visibility, pose, text, audio) into indistinguishable-from-reality VR representations (e.g. bodies, hair, clothes, motion, )
- Collaborate with other teams to push the research that enables mid to long-term products.
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning or a related field.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- First author publications in computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, or SIGGRAPH, etc.).
- Experience with realistic 3D geometry/apperance estimation/generation or motion modeling.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Proven track record of achieving significant research results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships and/or patents.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
- 3+ years of experience with prototyping algorithms in Python.
- Experience with generative models such as Diffusion Models, GANs or VAEs for image and geometry generation.
- Experience with Neural Radiance Fields, Visual Transformers or Large Language Models.