Program Manager, Product Marketing: Reality Labs
Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform. The Reality Labs organization includes Oculus and Portal products, augmented and virtual reality software and content, and research and development labs. We plan to release multiple products and technologies over the next few years that will define new categories and advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together. We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager who can work with our Product Marketing Team to market and support cutting edge products throughout their life cycle - specifically through the Go-To-Market (GTM) and In-Market process. They are an organized self-starter who proactively identifies and solves problems. This individual thrives in and enjoys a fast-paced, cross-functional, and action-oriented environment. A successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the Go-to-market process across multiple functions (including Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, Product) in the consumer electronics industry. They will exhibit strong organizational, analytical and management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects successfully and efficiently.
Program Manager, Product Marketing: Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Manage programs across GTM or In-Market functions (marketing, sales, communications, etc.) for products, ensuring strategy is implemented across the entire customer journey (e.g. launch and beyond).
- Define and improve overall GTM/In-Market processes, including planning, gating and jeopardy management. Make tradeoffs where needed to achieve results.
- Work with broad cross-functional internal teams to ensure tracking of dependent stakeholder readiness plans including, reporting key milestones status, risks and contingency planning and issue escalation as necessary.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, balance business objectives and needs versus technical and operational constraints and adjudicate between internal stakeholder groups to resolve blocking issues.
- Build organizational maturity by setting best practices, knowledge sharing and continuous learning across RL.
- Manage GTM and In-Market information cadences and processes, including status updates to leaders, escalations and mitigations and overall documentation management in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Foster relationships and work with cross-functional partners to understand their needs and ideas on how to better collaborate.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing or Sales operations and program management, process design for product life cycles, project planning, or business planning for new consumer product launches
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years experience launching consumer products
- 5+ years experience in Marketing, Sales, or lifecycle marketing
- Experience delivering communications to senior leadership and cross functional partners
- Experience representing programs, projects and products with both internal and external stakeholders
- Communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, Sales
- Certification in Program Management (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- Domain expertise in Consumer Electronics or Software
- Experience in content partnership management with third party partners
- Experience with leading organizational transformation and process improvement
- Experience in managing highly complex programs, with multiple stakeholder organizations, and significant scale
- Experience with managing programs in marketing, sales, or partnerships and demonstrated understanding of some or all of these functions