VDC Coordinator (Software Support) - NY Business Unit
Position Description: The VDC Coordinator position will be assigned to the VDC/BIM Department’s technical & software team and should understand the process of obtaining, evaluating and coordinating all information needed to construct the project in accordance with the contract documents through BIM models and to assure that the work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible. This will be done by leveraging BIM tools and processes to benefit project workflows.
Reports to: VDC Project Manager, VDC Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Understand the process of 3d virtual trade coordination of work in the field.Review models from designers, subcontractors, and others to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the validation of model-based project as-builts by trade subcontractors.
- Write product and system development code.
- Review code developed by peer developers and provide feedback and best practices
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with the peers, VDC team, core staff, and senior management.
- Attend VDC daily, weekly, monthly meetings and engage with the core VDC practices to understand and receive development needs.
- Lead and manage communication with core project staffs to understand and receive resources for development needs
- Contribute to the documentation of the products built.
- Research and learn to use new programming libraries, construction software, etc.
- Participate in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations. Utilize BIM tools developments for safety planning and logistics.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Two years of college education from accredited degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, Construction, or relevant education.
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Should have strong technical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities (e.g., Microsoft Office programs)
- Should be familiar with BIM based computer applications such as Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, Autodesk Revit, MS Power Automate, Rhino Grasshopper, Revit, Dynamo, or Workako/Audodesk Connect.
- Strong skills and experience with using SDKs for existing software applications. Person must be fluent in Python.
- Must be independent and have an R&D mindset to research and learn new programming languages, libraries, and software (e.g. understanding programming logic and be able to write functions, able to troubleshoot and debug your work, and database creation and management with SQL/MySQL.
- Plus to have knowledge within AEC (Architectural/Engineering/Construction) industry. Building construction, engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications also desirable
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
The salary for this position is estimated to be $70,000.00 - $76,000.00 annualized.