If you picture yourself doing great things that make a difference in the lives of others, Turner is the place to be. Turner Construction is an industry leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year history spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings.
Turner is committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone feels connected, sees themselves represented at all levels of the company, and feels supported to reach their ultimate potential. Turner builds some of the most ambitious projects in the world. The technical expertise of our people makes us a recognized leader in many markets. Our projects are well known. Our people set us apart. We inspire greatness. Can you picture yourself at Turner? If so, apply and let’s do great things together!
Position Description: Prepare detailed estimates for the project based on the construction drawings and specifications. Communicate bids and scopes of work.
Reports to: Lead Estimator, Senior Estimator, or Preconstruction Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: In the areas assigned:
- Prepare a detailed estimate by completing quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate input, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.)
- Lead the document management for the project, including receiving drawings and specifications, providing the proper file structure and distribution to all parties.
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client. Point of contact for managing assigned trade subcontractors and distributing information.
- Support constructability reviews through communication with the project team, designers, and subcontractor market.
- Develop a value analysis study by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Responsible for understanding all factors required for a comprehensive trade package scope including contract documents, site logistics, schedule, coordination, means and methods.
- Coordinate with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades as required; coordinate with project team to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Prepare comparison analysis to previous estimate for assigned scope.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Document information into Bid Recording Sheet, organize and participate in Post Bid Review.
- Manage action items from Post Bid and finalize subcontract scope. Make recommendations to the Project Lead for award.
- Supervise Assistant Estimators and/or Interns as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires us of hands to find, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit talk hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in an office or on-site at the construction work site. In the office environment, the noise is usually quite to moderate. In the on-site setting, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor