Logistics Engineer - Cleveland SourceBlue
SourceBlue is a subsidiary of Turner Construction Company that has been purchasing materials and equipment for major construction projects for over 20 years. With a staff of 150+ dedicated professionals and over $5B in equipment and materials procured since its inception, we provide Clients with comprehensive procurement services that are unmatched in the industry today.
Position Description: Provide equipment procurement services within the defined scope and quality specified by the contract document.
Reports to: Logistics Manager or Logistics Regional Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Resolve procurement issues with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, owner’s representatives.
- Ensure equipment/procurement packages are compliant with drawings and specifications.
- Manage project budgets.
- Manage project submittals and shop drawings. Assess conformance to contract specifications. Resolve interpretation conflicts.
- Negotiate and manage change orders within scope of authority and submit for approval by Logistics Manager.
- Prepare independent analysis
- Obtain and check estimates for vendor changes
- Obtain approval(s)
- Resolve conflicts
- Oversee the close-out process. Prepare final records for the project such as Requests for Information (RFI’s), close-out records, warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance manuals (O&Ms), attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluate information to insure compliance with contract documents.
- Supervise staff such as Engineering Assistant and/or Assistant Logistics Engineer.
- Assist in preparation of scope of work documents, coordination matrices and bid documents for vendor bid packages.
- Develop Purchase Orders. Track vendor requirements and communicate those to National Logistics group.
- Develop reports such as, project budget reports, cost reports, General Conditions items, change order logs and close out logs.
- Schedule and manage vendor coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Job site and factory visits required.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and BIM. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor