Quality Assurance - Quality Control Engineer (Bay Area)
Position Description: Implements the project-specific Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Plan. Duties include planning, monitoring, documenting and reporting compliance with the contract documents in accordance with the project-specific QA/QC Plan.
Reports to: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager, Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Turner's contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Develop and execute the project-specific QA/QC Plan with scopes of work and work procedures.
- Develop engineering procedures, including document control, submissions management, creation and tracking of Request For Information (RFIs), material samples, documentation and tracking of potential cost changes, documentation and tracking of approved change orders, within budgetary guidelines.
- Implement project-specific QA/QC Plan in coordination with the project safety plan.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, architects, consultants, subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the project-specific QA/QC Plan delivers a fully compliant project.
- Understand the project execution plan and coordinate Quality Control procedures at appropriate stages of the work and in line with the project schedule.
- Continually improve strategies and tools to efficiently and effectively document, track and record compliance with the contract documents.
- Execute the project-specific QA/QC Plan in a manner that engages all project staff, subcontractors, vendors and consultants.
- Conduct testing and inspections and arrange for third-party testing and inspections. Analyze and report the results.
- Expand the development of the Plan as the project progresses as appropriate to expand the program by continually improving procedures.
- Oversight of the development of Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Oversight of the development of punch lists.
- Direct removal and replacement of, and document all non-compliant materials and/or workmanship. Document compliance after corrective work is completed prior to starting any subsequent work.
- Research and apply additional Quality Control and Lean procedures to enhance the quality of project delivery.
- Oversight of project close-out and quality reports.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of five years' experience or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience and construction experience that bridges both field and engineering responsibilities. Knowledge of the construction process, means and methods, and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Turner's project management software and leadership skills. Very strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor