Logistics (SourceBlue) Project Manager (Denver)
If you picture yourself doing great things that make a difference in the lives of others, Turner is the place to be. Turner Construction is an industry leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120-year history spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings.
For the past 40 years, Turner's Denver office has helped shape our local skyline with projects such as Meow Wolf, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, and Rocky Mountain Regional Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Denver’s current working portfolio includes everything from data centers to elaborate healthcare renovations to commercial spaces.
Turner is committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone feels connected, sees themselves represented at all levels of the company, and feels supported to reach their ultimate potential. Turner builds some of the most ambitious projects in the world. The technical expertise of our people makes us a recognized leader in many markets. Our projects are well known. Our people set us apart. We inspire greatness. Can you picture yourself at Turner? If so, apply and let’s do great things together!
Position Description: Lead, direct and coordinate day-to-day management of one or more Turner Source Blue projects and coordination with the national Source Blue group.
Reports to: Source Blue Regional Manager, Source Blue Regional Operations Manager or Purchasing
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Create prospects for Source Blue sales opportunity.
- Evaluate Mechanical and Electrical systems and for potential cost savings approaches and work with the various design and construction stake holders.
- Provide equipment budgets based on conceptual information.
- Provide technical sales support for BU Business Development/Pre-Construction, emphases on electric.
- Lead Source Blue presentations.
- Implement Source Blue (Turner Construction’s) purchasing and risk management policies/procedures.
- Draft project specific scopes of work for the equipment vendors.
- Solicit vendor pricing and inform Supply Chain Product Manager of vendor involvement.
- Analyze vendor bids and prepare bid analysis spread sheets.
- Close vendor contract terms on specified projects and ensure Supply Chain Product Manager reviews bid process.
- Create, update and maintain purchasing and submittal logs.
- Solicit, develop, draft and route vendor purchase orders/scopes of work.
- Assist the BU in educating jobsite personnel regarding their requirements for implementation of Source Blue purchased equipment.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage submittals/testing/delivery/start-up/training/record documents for Logistics’ purchased equipment.
- Manage payment application process and track receivables.
- Prepare and route vendor PO’, scopes of work through national Logistic group for review and approval.
- Organize and run Job Meeting #1 for each Source Blue project.
- Schedule and coordinate factory testing and attend tests.
- Compile and submit final equipment warrantees and as-built drawings.
- Supervisory role
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing and engineering principals and techniques, of all general contract and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Knowledge of Plan Grid and Project Management software or similar is desirable.
Physical Demands: Performance of duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor